Hearthstone Heritage 8021 - 8022 - 8023 Replacement Glass Kit
Part # 90-58215
This piece of glass fits the Heritage 8021, 8022 and 8023 model stove only, the older model Heritage 8020 uses Part #90-57005
INCLUDED IN KIT: (1) 3030-038 Ceramic Glass 18" x 11 3/8" (5 feet) 3110-056 Rope Gasket, (8) 5021-060 Glass Clips, (8) 3120-021 Glass Clip Gaskets, (8) 4500-2105 10-24x1/4” Machine Screw
Before You Begin: Work on a cool stove. Refer to the diagram on the next page. The replacement glass in this kit is an infrared-coated ceramic sheet. The IR side of the glass must be placed on the outside of the stove. The side with the IR treatment is identified with the word “coated”.
Model 8021/8022 Serial number 37755 and below
Remove the front door by lifting it straight up off the hinges with the hinge pins remaining in the door. Take care to not to lose any washers placed between the hinge tabs-you will need them when the door is returned to the stove. Place the door face down (use soft surface for enameled doors).
Model 8022/8023 Serial number 37756 and up
With the front door open, remove the upper hinge plate by unscrewing the 2 Phillips screws. With the upper plate removed, loosen-but do not remove the lower hinge plate. This will allow you to angle, and remove the front door. Place the door face down (use soft surface for enameled doors).
1. Remove the front door by lifting it straight up off the hinges with the hinge pins remaining in the door. Take care not to lose any washers placed between the hinge tabs – you will need them when the door is returned to the stove. Place the door face down (Use soft surface for enameled doors)
2. To replace the glass gasket in the front door, first apply penetrating oil to each of the eight screws holding the glass clips to the front door. Use the cross-tip screwdriver and remove these eight screws. Wear work gloves, then carefully lift off the damaged glass and discard it. Pull out the used gasket left in the door and discard it. Clean the gasket channel using steel wool or a wire brush. Wipe the channel clean with a damp cloth to remove any loose residue.
3. Peel the paper backing off the gasket and pack it into the prepared gasket channel. Do not stretch or bunch the gasket as it is placed into the channel.
4. Carefully place the new glass back onto the door - ensure the infrared-coated side (identified with the word “coated”) is placed on the outside away from the firebox. Secure it with the glass clips and screws. Remember to place a new flat gasket piece between each retention clip and the glass.
5. Return the door to the stove. Ensure any washers are re-positioned between the hinge tabs.