Hearthstone Wood Stove 96-58405 Replacement Glass Kit
Special order item, 3-4 weeks to ship
For use on the below wood stoves:
- Ambiance Hipster 14
- Green Mountain 40 (8640)
- 1ea. 3030-053: Glass
- 4ea. 4500-2105: Screw, Machine 10-24x3/8”
- 4ea. 3120-021: Glass Clip Gasket
- 4ea. 5370-068: Glass Clip 5ft.
- 3110-056: Rope Gasket, 1/4” adhesive, non-core
GLASS REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
1. Follow the instructions included with the replacement glass kit.
2. Remove the door.
3. Remove the screws from the glass clips (use penetrating oil if necessary) – Set aside for reinstallation.
4. Carefully lift the damaged glass off the door and discard.
5. Remove any remaining glass and old gasket material.
6. Clean the screw holes and place a small amount of anti-seize compound in each one.
7. Install a new glass gasket in the glass gasket groove.
8. Place the new glass onto the door.
9. Important! Center the glass and ensure that the edges of the glass are parallel with the edges of the opening.
10. Check glass position again (centered, and parallel), then screw the glass retainer clips with the glass pads back on the door using a crisscross pattern. Tighten the screws no more than 1/8th of a turn after they seat. The glass will break at this point if not positioned correctly.
11. Apply a light film of anti-seize lubricant on the door’s hinge pins if needed.
12. Install the door.
13. After 5 or 6 fires, check the glass retainer screws, and retighten if necessary.
WARNING: DO NOT OPERATE THIS APPLIANCE WITH THE GLASS PANEL REMOVED, CRACKED, OR BROKEN. DO NOT SUBJECT THE DOOR TO ABUSE, SUCH AS STRIKING OR SLAMMING SHUT. ONLY A QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSON SHOULD REPLACE THE GLASS PANEL.