Hearthstone Castleton Wood Stove - Glass Replacement Kit 90-58305
1) Remove the door by fully opening it, and lifting straight up, off from the hinge pins.
2) Remove the screws from the glass retainers (use penetrating oil if necessary) – lift the retainers off the glass.
3) Carefully lift the damaged glass out of the door, and discard.
4) Remove any remaining glass. Clean the gasket channel using a wire brush, or steel wool. Wipe the channel clean with a damp cloth to remove any loose residue.
5) Clean the screw holes and place a small amount of anti-seize compound in each one.
6) Peel the paper backing off the gasket. Starting in between the door hinges, pack the new gasket into the prepared gasket channel. Do not stretch, or bunch the gasket as it’s placed into the channel
7) Place new glass onto the door. Ensure the sticker/coated side is on the exterior face of the glass.
8) Important! Center the glass and ensure the edges of the glass are parallel with the edges of the opening.
9) Check glass position again (centered, and parallel), then screw the glass retainer clips with the glass pads to the door using a crisscross pattern. Tighten the screws no more than 1/8th of a turn after they seat.
10) Apply a light film of anti-seize lubricant on the doors hinge pins, if needed.
11) Reinstall the door.
12) After 5-6 fires, check the glass retainer screws, and retighten if necessary.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I was happy to see you get everything you need to replace the cracked glass on the woodstove. You get the replacement glass, gasket, glass clips and felt pads. Also the packaging was first rate as no damage to the glass was possible. Very satisfied with the product as well as the company.