HearthStone H III Replacement Glass Kit (Large Glass)
Hearthstone #93-058306 contains
- Glass (6-1/8” x 9-13/16”)
- 6 Feet – ¾” Tape Gasket Hammer
BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Work on a cold stove.
1. Open the front door. To remove the door, open it and tap out the hinge pins with a hammer and punch. Lay the door down on a protected work surface (i.e. cardboard spread on a workbench).
2. To remove the original glass, apply penetrating oil to the four screws in the glass retention frame. Allow a few minutes for the oil to penetrate the threads, remove the screws with a 5/16” wrench., Lift off the glass retention frame. Some stoves may have two ceramic glass sheets. If there are, two pieces of glass, make a note of the position of the one that is being replaced for reassembly.
Carefully remove the damaged glass and discard.
3. Remove the used tape gasket from the glass sheet that will be reused (if stove has two glass pieces). Pull the paper backing off the new tape (a little at a time works best). Wrap the tape around the glass sheet(s) overlapping both the front and back of the glass. Carefully lay the glass sheet(s) back into the door and reattach the glass retention frame.
4. Place the front door back onto the stove and tap the pins back into the hinges.