HearthStone HII Replacement Glass
10 3/8" x 7 3/8" Ceramic Glass
6 Feet 3/4" Black Tape Gasket
Before You Begin:
Work on a cold stove. Always wear work gloves and safety glasses while working on the stove.Apply penetrating oil to the glass retention screws on the inside of the front door.
Note: To replace the glass, follow steps 1 through 4.
1. Open the front door. Using a hammer and punch (or small bolt), tap the hinge pins up from the bottom until the door is free. Place the door face down on a work bench or table.
2. With the 5/16" wrench, remove the four screws that the hold the glass to the front door, save the screws for reuse. Carefully lift the glass from the door and remove the old tape. Note: some models have two ceramic glass pieces, remove the gasket from both pieces.
3. Cut the six feet of new tape gasket into two three foot sections. Pull the paper backing off from the back of one of these sections. Wrap the tape around the perimeter of the ceramic glass, overlapping it on both the front and back of the glass. If you have a single pane of glass, discard the extra tape gasket; if you have two panes of glass, wrap the remaining tape around the second pane of glass.
4. Carefully place the glass back into the front door. If you have two panes of glass, place the outer glass into the door first and then place inner glass directly on top of the first glass. Replace the retaining clips (or frame) and snug the screws with the 5/16" wrench.
5. To replace the front door gasket, pull the worn gasket out of the gasket channel. Thoroughly clean the channel with a wire brush or steel wool. Squeeze a thin layer
(about 1/16") of the gasket glue into the gasket channel. Excess glue should not be used as it will harden the fresh gasket or leak out onto other surfaces. Place the 1/2" rope gasket into the channel in the door without stretching or bunching the gasket. Cut the excess with your scissors (the front door will use approximately 4 feet). Place the door back onto the stove and close it to insure a positive seal.
6. Remove the side door as you did the front door in step one above. Repeat step five (you will use most of the remaining 1/2" gasket, cut and discard any extra gasket. Place the door back onto the stove and close it to insure a positive seal.
7. Open the ash door. On models with hinged doors, simply pull the door down into the open position. On models with the drawer, pull the drawer out of the stove. Remove the worn gasket, clean the gasket channel as above, and install the 3/8" gasket as above. Cut off the excess gasket and close the ash door.