Front Door Latch for Hearthstone Wood Stoves
Part # 90-73212
Front Door Latch Assembly designed for use with:
- Heritage Wood Stove 8021
- Castleton Wood Stove 8030
- Castleton Wood Stove 8031
- Tribute Wood Stove 8040
- Set Screw 4500-2976
- (4) Spacer 4700-0790
- Handle Crank 5010-081
- Spring 5240-138
- Front Door Latch 5021-022
1) Remove and discard the old door latch assembly by loosening the setscrew with the allen wrench.
2) Install the new latch assembly as shown below. Start out with two brass spacer washers on the inside of the door. Thread the outer chrome crank (with the coil and large washer placed on the latch shaft as shown) onto the latch. Turn the crank until there is approximately 1/8” between the crank and the door.
3) Align the setscrew hole in the crank with the groove in the latch shaft and insert and tighten the set screw (the half dog tab will fit into the groove on the latch).
4) Check door seals using the "dollar bill test." Close the door on a dollar bill. If the bill pulls out without any resistance, then your stove’s door is not sealing properly. Add or remove spacers to adjust gasket pressure.
Replaces older door handles # 90-73210 and 90-73211
Does NOT include 90-71100 Wood Handle kit, HearthStone Wooden Handle
8 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Works as new
This replacement kit is perfect and easy to install. Rocky Mountain Stoves was helpful when I called them and shipped this part out the same day I ordered it. I would use this company again.
Just what we needed at a resonable price. Shipped regular USPS and was here in no time!
Thank you so much the door handle is exactly what I needed and the exact replacement I needed - its perfect!
a waste of components when all I need is the latch, itself. Therefore, the latch ends up being an expensive item since I don't need the other pieces and end up throwing them away in the long run.
Exact OEM replacement and true fit, was exactly what I needed as a replacement for the one wasn't right when I bought the stove. So pleased with your company,, Thank you Rocky Mountain Stove and Fireplace.
The only complaint is I only needed the latch but you have to buy the whole set to get it. It would be alot cheaper for just the latch. Good company to deal with,...
Easy to install, best price, free shipping.