Door Latch Kit for HearthStone Wood Stoves
Door Latch is designed for use with the following models:
Mansfield 8010, Mansfield 8011, Mansfield 8012, Homestead 8570, Heritage 8020 Front Door only
Latch (5010-078), Crank (5010-081), Spring (5240-138), Washer (5021-032), Setscrew (4500-2976), Spacer (4700-0790),
Does NOT include HearthStone Wooden Handle
1. Remove the old door latch assembly by loosening the two setscrews located in the chrome crank with the hex wrench. When loose, pull apart and remove the outer and inner portions of the latch from the stove. Remove the bolt and wooden handle with a flat tip screwdriver and save these to be installed on the new latch assembly. You can discard all other original latch pieces.
2. Install the new latch assembly as shown in the illustration. Begin with two shim spacers placed on the latch shaft. Push the threaded end of the latch shaft through the door so the threads are on the outside of the door.
3. Place the large washer over the threaded portion of the latch shaft and then slide the coil spring over the shaft of the latch so that it rests on top of the washer. Thread the chrome rank onto the latch and over the coil spring. Turn the crank until there is approximately 1/8” between the crank and the washer.
4. Align the setscrew hole in the crank with the groove on the latch shaft. Insert and tighten the setscrew. Turn the latch back and forth while tightening to seat the setscrew fully in the groove.
5. Install the bolt and wooden handle removed in step one.
6. Check door seals using the "dollar bill test." Shut the door on a dollar bill in various locations. If the bill pulls out without any resistance, then your stove’s door isn't sealed properly. Add or remove spacers from the inside of the latch to adjust gasket pressure. Remove a spacer to draw the door in tighter.
This item will ship USPS Priority Mail unless it is ordered with a larger order, please use a valid USPS address when ordering. Larger multi-product orders typically ship UPS.