INCLUDED IN KIT:
1 – #5491-048: Latch
1 – #4500-2976: 5/16” – 18 x 3/8” Setscrew
3 – #4700-0790: Spacer Washers
1 – #5021-032: I” OD Flat Washer
1 – #5240-138: Coil Spring
5/32” Allen Wrench
1. Remove the set screw on the outside of the cast iron crank assembly (see photo 2) with the 5/32” allen wrench.
2. Turn the cast crank counterclockwise until it separates from the threaded latch shaft. Keep the cast iron crank for the reassembly.
3. Push the latch shaft through the door and discard the original latch, washers, and coil spring.
4. Place two of the adjustment washers onto the new latch shaft.
5. Push the latch through the hole in the door and slide the 1” OD washer over the outside portion now sticking through the door. Place the coil spring onto the latch on top of the 1” OD washer,
6. Thread the cast iron crank back onto the latch shaft until it is about 1/8” from the surface of the door. Line the hole in the crank up over the groove in the shaft and lock the pieces together by turning in the setscrew. The tab on the end of the setscrew will insert into the notched groove in the edge of the latch shaft. Tighten the assembly with the allen wrench. Photo 2: Use the allen wrench to remove the setscrew that locks the cast iron crank to the latch shaft. Note: To adjust the latch, loosen the set screw and turn the cast crank in or out to make the initial adjustment. If
more adjustment is needed, separate the crank and latch and add a shim washer to loosen the assembly or subtract a washer to tighten it. Assemble the pieces as described in step 6.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Highly recommend Rocky Mtn. Stove. Competitive price and fast regular (USPS) shipping. The part arrived 3 days after I ordered it; less time than it took for my (over)-priced local stove shop to even get back to me with a quote.