Jotul C550 Wood Insert Replacement Glass
Jotul Replacement arched Glass 222219 Measures: 22 1/2" x 11 1/4"
Always operate the doors slowly and cautiously to avoid cracking or breaking the glass. Never use the door to push wood into the firebox. If the glass becomes cracked or broken follow the replacement procedure below.
1. Remove the door from the stove and place on a flat surface.
2. First loosen and then carefully remove all of the glass clips from the inside of the door. See fig. 20.
3. Remove all pieces of the glass panel and gasketing.
4. Remove all remaining debris from the glass area using a wire brush.
5. Apply a small bead of gasket/stove cement and the new gasket. Do not overlap the ends of the gasket rope.
6. Orient the glass with the IR Coating label facing out. Hold the glass at an angle to see the word “COATED” located at the lower edge. This side should face out when placed in the door. Center the new glass panel over the gasket and
loosely reinstall the glass clips. Tighten the clips, alternating at opposite corners. Avoid applying uneven pressure on the glass..
7. It may be necessary to re-tighten the glass clips after the stove has burned and the gasketing has seated.
Be the first to
Leave a Review