HearthStone Tribute Wood Stove Replacement Gasket Kit
For use with the Tribute wood stove only
1. Open the front door and lift it straight up and off the stove. Be careful to save the hinge pins and washers for the reassembly of the door. Lay the door face down on a workbench or table. Protect an enameled door by first laying down a sheet of cardboard or an appliance blanket – this will help prevent scratches and chips.
2. Use your pliers to pull out the rope gasket that is being replaced.
3. To prepare the door for the new gasket, scrape the gasket channel with a wire brush to clean out the dried adhesive and other debris from the channel. Wipe the dust out of the channel with a damp cloth or paper towel.
4. Apply a thin, continuous bead of the gasket adhesive into the prepared channel. Do not saturate the gasket, as this will cause it to dry out and harden. When installing the fresh 3/8” gasket (the larger of the two gaskets supplied in this kit) into the door, start packing it in about half way up on the hinge side of the door. Pull the paper backing off the gasket a little at a time. Pack the gasket into the channel without bunching or stretching it. Place close attention to the corners, making sure the rope stays fully in the channel to form a good seal. Make sure the ends of the gasket meet and cut off any excess with the scissors.
5. To replace the gasket sealing the glass, first remove the six Phillips screws that hold the glass retention clips. Carefully lift up the glass and set it in a safe place away from your work area. Save the clips and screws for the reassembly of the glass.
6. Pull the original gasket out of the channel with the pliers. Prepare the channel and install the ¼” gasket as described in steps 3 and 4 above.
7. Carefully set the glass back onto the door, making sure the IR coated side is once again facing out, away from the firebox. Place a new section of ceramic gasket onto each of the glass retention clips and secure the glass to the door by tightening the clips with the Phillips screws previously removed.
8. Place the door back on the stove. Make sure the washers are replaced between the door and frame hinge tabs. Close the door and allow the gasket to compress against the frame.