Hearthstone Heritage 8023 / 8024 Gasket Kit
(10 feet) 3110-059 3/8” Rope Gasket
(6 feet) 3110-056 1/4” Rope Gasket
(3.5 feet) 3110-051 1/2" Rope Gasket
(8) 3120-021 Glass Clip Gasket
(1) 99-090N 2 oz Gasket Glue
1) Remove the front door by first; removing the upper hinge plate by unscrewing the 2 Phillips screws. With the upper plate removed, loosen-but do not remove the lower hinge plate. This will allow you to angle, and remove the front door. Place the door face down (use soft surface for enameled doors).
2) Remove used gasket from the channel and discard. Clean the gasket channel using steel wool or a small wire brush. Wipe the channel clean with damp rag or cloth.
3) Using the gasket adhesive bottle provided, apply a thin bead of the adhesive to the gasket channel. Ensure you do not saturate the gasket with the glue as it will cause the rope to harden and shrink – preventing the new gasket from sealing. When the adhesive becomes "tacky", apply the appropriate length of the 3/8” gasket by pulling off the paper on the back of the gasket and packing it into the channel of the door. When inserting the gasket, start in the middle of the hinge side of the door. Do not stretch or bunch the gasket material as you pack it into the channel. Use the scissors to cut the gasket to fit the door.
4) To replace the glass gasket, first apply penetrating oil to each of the eight screws holding the glass clips to the front door. Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove these eight screws and clips, carefully lift off the glass. Pull out the used gasket material in the door and clean the gasket channel as described in step 2 above. Glue and pack the fresh ¼” rope as described in steps 3. Carefully set the glass back onto the door and secure it by replacing the screws and clips, remembering to place a new flat gasket piece between each clip and the glass.
5) Remove the side door by opening it all the way and sliding a vertical block of wood under it, to support its weight (see figure 1.). Remove the 4 Phillip’s screws that hold the stone retainer to the door. The side door will now be supported by the block of wood, be sure to keep the door horizontal. With the stone retainer free from the door, you can rotate and remove it from the sliding plate. With the stone retainer removed, you can fold the sliding plate into the firebox, and out of the way.
6) Remove the old gasket from the channel. Clean the gasket channel with a wire brush, or steel wool, and wipe out with a damp cloth. Apply a bead of gasket glue to the clean channel, and allow it to get “tacky”. Starting in between the hinges lay the 1/2” gasket into the channel. Continue around the door, until the gasket end meets itself. Do not stretch or bunch the gasket material as you pack it into the channel.
7) Flip the sliding plate outside of the firebox, and reattach the stone retainer by inserting the ears of the plate into the slider track. You can now reattach the stone retainer to the side door, using the screws you removed in step 4.
8) Close the doors to set the gaskets