Hearthstone Bari Wood and Gas Stoves and Lima Wood Stove - Replacement Glass w/Gasket
Replaces older numbers:91-205270 and 91-040-057-V
GLASS REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES:
- Follow the instructions included with the replacement glass kit.
- Remove the door (see door removal procedure on page 18).
- Remove the screws from the glass retainer (use penetrating oil if necessary) – lift the retainer off the glass. Set aside for re-installation.
- Remove the inner glass frame from around the glass. Set aside for re-installation.
- Carefully lift the damaged glass out of the door and discard.
- Remove any remaining glass and old gasket material.
- Clean the screw holes and place a small amount of anti-seize compound in each one
- Place the gasketed new glass onto the door.
- Important! Center the glass and ensure that the edges of the curved glass are parallel with the edges of the opening.
- Reinstall the inner glass frame (limits pressure on glass from the retainer).
- Check glass position again (centered, and parallel), then screw the glass retainer back on the door using a crisscross pattern. Tighten the screws no more than 1/8th of a turn after they seat. (The glass will break at this point if not positioned correctly. If the glass shifts too much to one side, you will see the gasket from the outside)
- Apply a light film of anti-seize lubricant on the door’s hinge pins and washer if needed.
- Install the door.
- After 5 or 6 fires, check the glass retainer screws, and re-tighten if necessary.