Hearthstone Tula Door Gasket 10' of 20MM X 7.8MM
DOOR GASKET REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES:
1. Note the routing of the old gasket before removal.
2. To replace the door gasket, pull the old rope gasket out of its channel. Clean all gasket channels with a small wire brush if necessary.
3. Vacuum the inside of the door as required.
4. Route the new gasket exactly like the old one. Or, start the gasket at one the channel’s T intersections to the left or right below the glass.
5. Using no glue, or cement, work your way up or down and push the new gasket uniformly into the channel without stretching or compressing the gasket material.
6. Pinch the gasket into place as necessary. No glue is necessary.
7. When you reach the channel’s other T intersection, turn 90° horizontally using the channel just below the glass. The trailing end of the gasket should end at the opposite T intersection from where you started.
8. Ensure there are no gaps where the ends of the gasket meet itself.
9. Check the gasket seal using the paper test – close the door on a long narrow strip of printer paper or newspaper, if it pulls out without resistance, the seal is not good. Alternatively, aim a powerful flashlight into the space around the door from the outside (then look in through the glass at the area