HearthStone Mansfield Replacement Ceramic Baffle Board
Baffle is designed for use with Mansfield Models 8011 and 8012 only.
For Mansfield model 8010 please special order 5010-350 Steel Baffle
1. Before starting the dis-assembly, use the magic marker to identify the secondary air tubes in the top of the firebox, just below the ceramic baffle. Mark them from the front to the back in a manner that you will recognize for reassembly.
2. Locate the cotter pin on the left side of the third pipe from the front. Use the needle-nose pliers to remove the cotter pin.
3. The air pipes are now free, and by moving them slightly to the left they will clear the edge of the manifold. The secondary air pipe retainer plate on the right side of the manifold is now also loose and can be taken down.
4. The original ceramic board should now be loose and can be dropped into the firebox. Remove it along with the ceramic blanket on the top of the board. Save the blanket for reassembly. If any dried stove cement* is present on the edges of the manifold, scrape it away now.
5. Apply a few of dabs of fresh stove cement or gasket glue (water glass) onto the top of the new baffle board to keep the blanket in place during reassembly. Ensure that the blanket does not overlap the edges of the board. Trim any excess portion of the blanket before installing the baffle board.
6. Place the new board and blanket into the firebox and lift it above the secondary air manifold and allow it to rest on the back, and one side of the manifold.
7. With the baffle in this position, install the air pipes. First place the retainer back into the manifold on the right side with the front slipped into the bracket and the tang inserted into the hole in the side of the manifold.
8. Replace the tubes starting in the rear. Slide the left edge of each individual tube into the corresponding hole in the left edge of the manifold. Position the tube so that the slot in the right side of the pipe drops over the upper edge of the retaining bracket. Lock the tubes in place by inserting and bending the cotter pin back into the hole in the third pipe from the back.
9. Reach up through the pipes and sliding the baffle board toward center, it will drop into its proper place above the secondary air tubes.
*NOTE: The dried stove cement present was used to hold the ceramic baffle board in place during shipping and installation. Once the stove is installed permanently, it is not needed for a new baffle board.