Jotul GF 3 and GF 600 DV Gas Stove Blower Kit
Jotul # 129161
This blower kit is designed for use with the below Jotuls:
- Allagash GF 3
- GF 3 DVII
- Jotul GF 600 DV
The blower will ONLY come on when the switch is in the Hi or Low position and ONLY when the snapstat (thermodisc) is heated by the operation of the stove.
(Approximately 10- 20 minutes after the stove has been running).
Attach the Blower
1. Locate the two raised bosses on the bottom back of the stove. See Figure 19. The blower is mounted to the stove using these two threaded holes.
2. With the blower bracket and snapstat facing upward, align the two middle mounting holes on the bracket with the two threaded holes on the bottom back of the stove.
3. Use the two 6mm bolts to attach the blower to the stove. Be sure to tighten the bolts so that the blower is drawn upward and tight against the stove bottom.
4. The snapstat (thermodisc), attached to the blower bracket, should be inserted under the stove bottom to make contact with the firebox!
Connect the Blower Wiring Harness
1. Lift off the stove top plate.
2. Loosen (BUT DO NOT REMOVE) the 10 mm bolt holding the switch box to the side of the stove (left rear corner of the stove), and lift out the switch box.
3. Remove the “blank” switch from the box. (Hint: break the retaining tabs holding the switch in the box.)
4. Insert the new HI/OFF/LO switch into the box.
5. Connect the insulated wires from the blower to three leads on the HI/OFF/LO switch. BLACK wire to the HI position, WHITE wire to the OFF position, and the RED wire to the LO position. See Fig. 22.
6. Reattach the switch box to the side of the stove. Be sure all wires are unobstructed.
7. Replace top plate.