Ceramic Baffle Replacement Kit - HearthStone Heritage Wood Stove
This is a OEM Hearthstone part: This item replaces the older version #90-76210 and #90-76220 baffles.
For use on the below Heritage Wood Stove Models:
- Heritage I 8021 2003-2014
- Heritage II 8022 2014-2016
- Heritage III 8023 2016-2019
This 90-76230 kit includes:
- Installation instructions
- Baffle 3120-022 (8.5" x 17.5" x .5")
- Baffle Bracket 5021-066
- Stainless Steel Wire 700-090
BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Ensure the fire is out and the stove cool to the touch. The baffle is shipped as shown below with the bracket and wires installed on the baffle board.
1. For the 8021 and 8022 note the position of the front baffle support bracket. Remove the cotter pin in the center of the front tube if needed and save for later reinstallation.
2. Lift the front baffle support off of the front tube and bring it out of the stove.
3. Position the steel plate so that the six holes are closer to the front edge and push the tab with single hole down through the baffle board.
4. If you are installing the baffle in the Heritage model 8021, determine how the original board was retained. As you remove the original board, note if there were two cotter pins holding it to the center air pipe.
- If yes, push the two longer cotter pins down through the center hole on each side of the bracket plate and through the ceramic baffle. Place the new board and steel bracket with the cotter pins hanging down through the baffle into the stove. Carefully pass the baffle up through the space between the front and middle tube making sure not to disturb the cotter pins. Drop the two new cotter pins down through the holes in the top of the center tube. With the pliers, bend the ends of the pins now exposed through the bottom of the center air pipe.
- If no pins were present, install the two wire tie downs to retain the baffle before placing it into the stove. Form the wires into a staple shape, as shown in the illustration. Push the two ends of wire down through the first and third holes on each side of the baffle bracket. Position the baffle in the stove so that one end of the wire is in front of the center pipe and one is behind it. Tie a knot in each of the tie down wires to secure the bracket and baffle to the center air pipe.
5. If you are installing the baffle into either the 8022 or 8023 version of the Heritage, position the new baffle above the secondary air pipes. Reusing the cotter pin from the original baffle bracket, insert it through the hole in the face of the bracket tab that is now in front of the middle air tube. Once in place, bend the cotter pin with the pliers to keep the bracket in baffle in place.
7. Reinstall the front baffle support bracket and its cotter pin by reversing step one and two.
The older Heritage 8020 model uses 5 x #3060-430 firebricks and Ceramic Blanket #3120-210
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It fits well seems to be doing the job. The only minor issue is that the wire loops for attaching the baffle to the pipes are too short just barely able to secure the piece.