HearthStone HII Latch Kit for Front or Side Door
Used For Both Side and Front Door Handles for a Hearthstone H II (H2)
Latch 3/16” Punch
Before You Begin: Note the number and location of the shim washers on both sides of the latch. Duplicate their position and number when installing the new latch.
1. Disconnect the old handle by driving out the rolled steel pin with the punch and hammer. The rolled pin located on the outer portion of the latch.
2. Remove old assembly by separating the handle from the latch. Pull the latch through rolled pin located on the outer portion of the latch.
3. Push new latch shaft through door, and locate the small hole in end of shaft. Place new handle on end of shaft (making sure the shim washers have been placed onto both sides of the shaft) and line up holes by sight.
4. Tap the rolled steel pin all the way through the latch assembly until the ends are flush with both edges of latch. Hint: Place a small bolt about half way into the bottom of the holes to keep them lined up until the rolled pin is partially tapped into position.
5. If the latch is binding or loose, drive out rolled pin, and rearrange the shim washers. To tighten the latch, remove a washer from the inside and place it on the outside of the assembly: to loosen, place a washer from the outside onto the inside of the shaft. Repeat steps 3 and 4.