NO LONGER AVAILABLE
HearthStone H1 (8100 Wood Stove) Baffle Replacement Kit
This part is used on both models of H1
- Hearthstone I Built between 1978 & 1988
- Hearthstone I Fireplace Built between 1990 & 1998
(1) - Cast Iron Baffle 26.5"w X 16"d X 4.5"h (18.5" deep if measured from end to end on the outside of the curve)
(2) - 5/16” x 4” Bent Baffle Bolts
(4) - 5/16” Nuts
1. To remove the old baffle, locate and remove the four nuts on the underside of the baffle. Lift the bottom of the baffle up and over the bottom support tabs. The baffle will now drop into the firebox. It can now be removed through the side door.
2. If the bolts are not reusable, two pre-bent replacement bolts have been included. Use these two bolts on the front edge of the baffle. It is not necessary to reattach the rear baffle bolts. The support tabs and the front hanger bolts will give the baffle sufficient support. Remove the old hanger bolts and install the new bolts. Place one of the nuts on each of the bolts and turn in about half way up the bolt.
3. With the damper up in the open position, slide the baffle into the firebox. Lift the baffle up so that it fits behind the rear support tabs. Lift the front edge of the baffle up and work the two front hanger bolts down through the holes in the baffle. Attach the two remaining nuts with the ½” wrench. Turn the nuts above the baffle down until they are snug to the top of the baffle.
4. Check to make sure the back, bottom edge of the baffle sits flush onto the baffle support steel (the horizontal bar with the two retaining tabs).
5. Check to make sure the damper closes by resting flush on the front top edge of the baffle. Loosen the bolts and adjust the position of the baffle if necessary
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Order a part for my 1985 Hearthstone, it cam quickly and was a perfect fit. I appreciate you keeping the old parts available. Thanks !
Great online purchase
thank you for being there to support my ancient model Hearthstone 1 everything from ordering-delivery was spot on,.. nice!