Hearthstone Heritage 8021 / 8022 Gasket Kit
(13 Feet: #3110-057 3/8” Diameter Rope Gasket - 6’ Front Door / 3’ Ash Door / 4’ Side Door)
5 Feet: ¼” Diameter Rope (Glass)
1 – #99-090: 2 oz. Gasket Glue
8 - #3120-351 Gasket Sections For Glass Clips
Before You Begin: Work on a cool stove.
1. Remove the front and side doors by lifting them straight up off the hinges with the hinge pins remaining in the door. Note the position of any washers placed between the hinge tabs – return them to the same location to ensure proper door fit and alignment. Place the doors face down (use soft surface for enameled doors).
2. Remove used gasket from the channel and discard. Clean the gasket channel using steel wool or a small wire brush. Wipe the channel clean with damp rag or cloth.
3. Use the gasket adhesive bottle provided, and apply a thin bead of the adhesive to the gasket channel. Ensure you do not saturate the gasket with the glue as it will cause the rope to harden and shrink – preventing the new gasket from sealing. When the adhesive becomes "tacky", apply the appropriate length of the 3/8” gasket by pulling off the paper on the back of the gasket and packing it into the channel on each door. When inserting the gasket, start in the middle of the hinge side of the door. Do not stretch or bunch the gasket material as you pack it into the channel. Use the scissors to cut the gasket to fit the doors. If properly installed, there will be enough 3/8”gasket remaining for the ash door.
4. To replace the glass gasket, first apply penetrating oil to each of the eight screws holding the glass clips to the front door. Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove these eight screws and clips, carefully lift off the glass. Pull out the used gasket material in the door and clean the gasket channel as described in step 2 above. Glue and pack the fresh ¼” rope as described in steps 3 and 4 above. Carefully set the glass back onto the door and secure it by replacing the screws and clips, remembering to place a new flat gasket piece between each clip and the glass.
5. Return the doors to the stove immediately and shut them tightly to help form the gasket while the glue cures. This will ensure an airtight seal. Ensure any washers are repositioned in their original positions between the hinge tabs.
6. Remove the ash door by removing the cotter pin from the top of the hinge pin. Remove the single hinge pin. Ensure you note the number and placement of washers between the hinge tabs for reassembly.
7. Repeat the gasket removal and installation process as previously described. When completed, place the door onto the stove, making sure to reposition the washer(s) on the hinge tabs. Insert the hinge
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Arrived as advertised and was of good quality with enough rope gasket to complete replacement of all gaskets on the Heritage stove, including the window and related window brackets.