HearthStone Clydesdale Replacement Baffle Kit
Designed to be used with the Clydesdale 8490 and 8491 Wood Inserts only.
21-1⁄2'' x 10'' x 1⁄2''
The fire must be out and the stove cold. Clean the ashes and other debris from the firebox. Note: If your stove has an enamel finish, you might wish to remove the ash lip before working on it, to avoid possible scratches or nicks to the surface
1. Remove the side and back bricks from the inside of the stove, by loosening and/or removing the 6 screws from the brackets (2 on each bracket,) which hold the bricks in place. The brackets are slotted and will easily come off. It's a good idea to note which bricks go where, for reassembly later.
2. Once the bricks are removed, remove the 2 support bolts in the back of the air pipes, using the 5/32" allen wrench.
3. Pick up on the front of the air pipes to disengage. Be careful, because the pipes will fall.
4. Turn the air assembly over and remove the 4 screws that are holding the side brackets in place.
5. Once the side brackets are removed, the baffle can be easily removed. Replace the old baffle, with the new one, and you are ready to reassemble your stove.
6. Reattach the side brackets, that hold the baffle in place.
7. When setting the air pipe assembly back into place, you need to line up the air pipe brackets with the secondary risers.
8. To set the air pipe assembly into place, hold the assembly towards the inside front of the stove. Lift the back up, sliding it backwards, pushing it into place. Be sure to tighten the support bolts.
9. Once the air pipe assembly is in place, the bricks can be positioned back into place; Screw the brackets back over the tops of the bricks to secure them.