Hearthstone 90-75310 Replacement Catalyst Gasket Kit
For use on the below models:
- Hearthstone Castleton I (8031)
- Hearthstoen Heritage IIII (8024)
- Hearthstone Manchester 2 (8362)
INCLUDED IN KIT:
- 2ea. 3120-035: Ceramic Blanket Strips
1. Remove the metal baffle retainer by removing the cotter pin (A) through the front air tube, and lifting the retainer upwards (B) away from the baffle.
2. Gently pull the front baffle towards the front of the stove (C), over the front tube, and out of the stove. CAUTION - Do not force the baffle out of the stove. Gently adjust the baffle orientation until it can be removed freely from the stove.
3. The middle air tube may be removed for easier access to the catalysts, but it is not required
4. To remove the middle tube, remove the cotter pin on the right-hand side of the middle air tube, and push the tube to the right until the left end is free. Tip the left side of the tube downwards and pull the tube out of the stove.
5. Use a small vacuum nozzle or soft bristled brush to remove any accumulated ash or soot on the face of the catalyst.
6. Fully remove the existing catalysts by gently pulling the catalysts outwards towards the front of the stove. It may be necessary to gently rock the catalysts from side to side and top to bottom while pulling outwards to free the catalysts from the opening.
7. Remove any remaining gasket material from the openings and from the catalysts.
8. Install the new ceramic wool gasket material on the catalysts. Using the following procedure: Keep the gasket material flush with one side of the catalyst. Masking tape can be used to hold the gasket in place on the catalyst. It will burn away when the stove gets hot. Wrap the tape around the gasket and catalyst so it is reasonably tight and some of the tape side is hanging over the edge of the catalyst, all around. Fold the edges of the tape in over the catalyst face. Finally add 3 smaller strips of tape as shown to hold gasket snug at ends and in the middle. This will reduce snagging and make it easier to reinstall the catalyst.
9. Once the gasket is installed, gently push each catalyst into the catalyst opening until it hits against the back wall of the cavity. Take care to ensure the gasket is not damaged.
10.Once the catalysts are in place, replace the middle air tube, baffle, and baffle retainer in the reverse order as removed in Steps 2, 3 and 4.