HearthStone Craftsbury Wood Stove Gasket kit
Gasket Kit 93-58900 includes:
7FT 1/2" low density gasket rope
4FT 3/16" low density gasket rope
3 piece glass gasket clips
1 gasket glue.
1. Open the front door. Remove the door by tapping the pins up and out of hinges with a hammer and punch. Save the hinge pins and washers for the reassembly. Lay the door face down on a workbench or table covered with a sheet of cardboard or an appliance blanket – this will help prevent scratches and chips.
2. Use your pliers to pull out the old rope gasket.
3. To prepare the door for the new gasket, scrape the gasket channel with a wire brush to clean out the dried adhesive and other debris from the channel. Clean the dust out of the channel. 4. Apply a thin, continuous bead of the gasket adhesive into the prepared channel. Do not saturate the gasket, as this will cause it to harden. When installing the fresh 1/2” gasket into the door, start packing it in about half way up on the hinge side of the door. If applicable, pull the paper backing off the gasket a little at a time. Pack the gasket into the channel without bunching or stretching it. Pay close attention at the corners; ensure the rope stays fully in the channel to form a good seal. Ensure the ends of the gasket meet, and then cut the gasket with the scissors. Save the remaining ½” gasket for the ash pan door.
5. To replace the gasket sealing the glass, first remove the three Phillips screws that secure the glass retention clips. Carefully lift up the glass and set it in a safe place away from your work area. Save the clips and screws for the reassembly of the glass.
6. Pull the original gasket out of the channel with the pliers. Prepare the channel and install the 3/16” gasket as described in steps 3 and 4 above.
7. Carefully set the glass back onto the door, making sure the IR coated side is once again facing out, away from the firebox. Place a new ceramic gasket pad onto each of the glass retention clips and secure the glass to the door by tightening the clips with the Phillips screws removed previously. 8. Place the door back on the stove. Make sure the washers are replaced in their original positions between the door and frame hinge tabs. Close the door and allow the gasket to compress against the frame.
9. To replace the gasket in the ash pan door, drop the door down into the open position. Pull the old gasket out of the channel with the pliers. Prepare the channel and install the remaining length of ½” gasket as described in steps 3 and 4.
10. Close the ash door once the new gasket is installed