Hearthstone Bennington Primary Air Control Link Kit
1) Underneath the back of the stove, locate the phillips screws that secure the bottom heat shield to the bottom of the stove (see figure 1). Loosen the screws with a stubby phillips screwdriver and pull the heat shield out from under the stove.
2) Underneath the front of the stove, locate the left and right ash door hinges (see figure 2). Using a 7/16” wrench or socket, remove the four bolts (two on each hinge) that hold the hinges to the bottom of the stove. With the bolts removed, you will be able to take off the ash pan door with the hinges still attached to the door.
3) The damaged primary air control link (rod) can now be pulled forward and out of the clips on the left and right side air control shutters (see figure 3), removing it from the stove. Make sure that the short section of gasket remains glued to the primary air control damper clip (see figure 3). Use the new section of gasket provided as a replacement if required.
4) With a phillips screwdriver, remove the cast iron primary air control handle from the damaged primary air control link and secure it to the replacement with the same screw.
5) Insert the ends of the new primary air control link into the clips on the air control shutters.
6) Position the ash door and hinges on the bottom of the stove making sure that the primary air link is properly secured between the hinge cutouts and the bottom of the stove (see figure 3). Replace the four ¼” bolts previously removed and tighten with the 7/16” wrench.
7) Slide the front edge of the bottom shield back into the slots in ash door hinges. Line up the back of the heat shield to the bottom and secure it with the two phillips screws previously loosened.
Be the first to
Leave a Review