Avalon 996 Replacement Air Tube Kit
For use with the below model only:
Avalon 996 Wood Stoves serial # 11696 to 31873
Air tube kit A-8. Includes
- 1 - 21-1/4" secondary airtube
- 1 - 1" retaining sleeves (#100-11001)
- 2 - 1/4" roll pins (#98900357)
1. Removing the existing Air Tubes The air tube sits in a socket that is welded to one side of the stove and is held in place by a retaining collar with two push or roll pins on the other side. Remove the push pins by pulling them out with pliers or by prying them out with a flat blade screwdriver. Remove roll pins by using the pointed end of the roll pin tool and a hammer to drive the roll pin into the center of the air tube. Slide the retaining collar toward the center of the stove. You should be able to remove the air tube by pulling it down and out of the socket. If you can not do this, then you will need to cut the tube in two, and then remove and discard the pieces.
2. Installing the new replacement tubes a. Slide the retaining collar onto the end of the air tube with the single hole close to the edge.
3. Place the opposite end of the tube into the socket that is welded to the side of the stove. Align the single hole near the edge of the tube with the single hole in the stub of the pipe welded to the opposite side of the stove.
4. Slide the retaining collar to the right so that it over laps the air tube and the pipe stub on the right side of the firebox.
5. Line up the holes in the retaining collar with the hole in the pipe stub and the hole in the end of the air tube. Using the roll pin installation tool, install 2 roll pins into the holes in the retaining collar to lock the air tube in place.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Product fit perfectly in our Avalon 996. It is difficult to find these replacement parts. Very glad I stumbled on Rocky Mountain Stove. Product was shipped and delivered very timely. Overall, very happy with this purchase.
My purchase was for a part for an Avalon stove that is no longer made and hasn't been manufactured for years. The air tube came with an installation tool that was very helpful and a sheet of instructions. Ultimately I found I could not complete the installation without the removal of a firebrick which was not in the instructions but the part is in and working well. Three cheers to Rocky Mountain for keeping this part available!