HearthStone Phoenix Wood Stove Replacement Glass Kit
This Kit is designed for all models of Phoenix 8610, 8611, 8612
Phoenix Glass IR 10 3/8" x 15 3/4" x 5mm
(4 1/3') Gasket: Tape 3/4" Adhesive Backed
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
Work on a cold stove. The replacement ceramic sheet has an infrared coating on one side. It will be identified with a label or the word “coated” on the infrared side. Be sure that this side of the ceramic sheet goes on the outside, away from the firebox.
1. Open the front door; lift the door straight up and off of the stove. Place the door face down on a work bench, table, or other flat surface. If the door is enameled, place a sheet of cardboard or cloth down on the work area to prevent chips or scratches. With the door in this position, apply penetrating oil to each of the glass retention screws.
2. Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the 8 screws that hold the retaining clips to the inside of the door. Remove the clips.
3. Carefully remove the old glass and discard. CAUTION: If the glass is broken, remove the glass with work gloves.
4. Peel the paper backing from a short section of the 3/4" window tape. Apply the tape to the outer edge of the glass, overlapping on each side of the glass. Continue until the glass is completely gasketed. Cut and discard any extra gasket. IMPORTANT: The glass you receive will be infra-red coated on one side. This side MUST be installed on the outside, away from the firebox. This will reflect heat back into the firebox, aid in combustion, and will affect clearances. Be sure to follow the instructions on the glass.
5. Set the gasket-ed glass back into the door. Position the retention clips and tighten the screws.
6. Return the door to the stove.