Hearthstone Heritage 8021 / 8022 / 8023 Secondary Air Tube Set
BEFORE YOU ORDER please read: Air Tubes are NOT easy to replace!
1. Remove the side impact plate on the right side of the firebox. To do this, turn the ¼” nut on the inside with a 7/16” wrench or socket while holding the head of bolt on the outside with the 1/8” allen wrench. Repeat on the second bolt. Remove the plate. If the stove is new, you may need to gently pry the plate with a flat screwdriver to break the cement seal.
2. Using the 1/8” allen wrench, remove the socket head bolt in the back center of the secondary air manifold.
3. You can now lift the secondary air manifold up and off the riser. This will allow you to maneuver the manifold so it can be dropped into the lower portion of the firebox. To do this, you will have to tilt it so that the front edges pass by the edges of the primary air manifold on the front of the stove.
4. With the manifold in the bottom of the firebox, angle it so the left front corner is sticking out the side door. Pull the right edge of the manifold forward. This will allow you to pull the entire manifold through the front door (see photo).
5. You can now make the needed repairs. To replace air pipes, unbolt and separate the manifold halves. When installing the pipes make sure to line up the holes in the end of the pipes with the tangs in the manifold.
6. To install the repaired manifold, repeat these steps in reverse order. IMPORTANT: Make sure the vertical riser tube is properly positioned with the open, cut out end on the top and facing out into the firebox
This Kit includes ALL three tubes, The Air tubes are 18 3/8" long and can be identified by the dot(s) at one end of the tube
Back Air Tube 1 dot = #1 air tube #5021-041
Middle Air Tube 2 dot = #2 air tube #5022-022 replaces 5021-042
Front Air Tube 3 dot = #3 air tube #5021-043