HearthStone Tribute Wood Stove Glass Kit
Installation of the Tribute Replacement Glass Kit
Glass Measurements: 12 3/4" x 9 1/2"
Assembly 90-58405 For Tribute Model 8040
Date: 10/18/2012 Page: 1 of 2
Glass Kit #90-58405: :
#3110-056: 5 Feet ¼” Gasket
#3030-043: (1) Glass
#5021-060: (6) Glass Clips
#3120-021 (6) Gasket Sections For Glass Clips
Before You Begin: Work on a cool stove.
1. Remove the front door by lifting them straight up off the hinges with the hinge pins remaining in the door. Take care not to lose the washers placed between the hinge tabs – they will be needed when the door is put back onto the stove. Place the door face down. (Use soft surface for enameled doors.)
2. To replace the glass gasket in the front door, first apply penetrating oil to each of the six screws holding the glass to the front door. Using a phillips screwdriver, remove these six screws. Wearing work gloves carefully lift off the damaged glass and discard it. Pull out the used gasket left in the door and discard it. Clean the gasket channel using steel wool or a wire brush. Wipe the channel clean with a damp cloth to remove any loose residue.
3. Install the new gasket by peeling the paper backing off the gasket and packing it into the prepared gasket channel. Start pressing the gasket into the hinged side of the door. Continue around until the gasket ends meet. Do not stretch or bunch the gasket as it is placed into the door. Trim any excess with the scissors.
4. Carefully place the new glass back onto the door. Secure it by replacing the clips and screws, remembering to place a new flat gasket section between each retention clip and the glass.
5. The door can now be returned to the stove. Make sure the washers are repositioned between the hinge tabs.
For use with the Tribute wood stove only.