HearthStone Shelburne Wood Stove Replacement Glass
Part # 93-58705
1 – Shelburne Glass 11”h x 17-3/8”w #3030-024
5 - Feet ¼” Rope Gasket
6 - Sections Flat Gasket
Caution: Before You Begin: Only Work on a cool stove. The replacement ceramic sheet has an infrared coating on one side. It will be identified with a label or the word “coated” on the infrared side. Be sure that this side is placed on the outside, away from the firebox.
1. Open the front door and pull it straight up and off the stove. Retain the hinge pins and washers for reassembly. Lay it face down on a table or workbench. Protect enamel surfaces with a soft cloth or a layer of cardboard.
2. To change the glass, first remove the 6 screws that hold the glass retention clips in place with a Phillips screwdriver. Retain t he clips and screws for reassembly. Wear work gloves and carefully remove the damaged glass and discard it.
3. Pull out the used ¼” rope that was under the glass. Clean the channel with a wire brush. Wipe the channel with a damp cloth. It will not be necessary to use gasket adhesive as the new gasket has an adhesive on it. Peel the paper backing from the new ¼” gasket and press it into place in the gasket channel, placing the adhesive side into the channel.
4. Inspect the new piece of glass and look for the word “coated”. This is the Infra Red coated side and must be placed outside the firebox. Carefully set the glass onto the door and secure it with the clips and screws. Note: new gasket sections are provided as cushion between the clips and glass.
5. Place the door back onto the stove with the washers between the hinge tabs. Insert the pins and close the door.