Older Hearthstone Phoenix and Mansfield Wood Stoves Outside Air Adapter
This kit adapts to the Mansfield model #8010, Phoenix model #8610, and Phoenix I model #8611.
1) The outside air adapter fits onto the back of the metal ash pan assembly. The adaptor must be attached so that it provides outside air to the secondary and primary air sources. The secondary air source is located on the underside of the bottom casting, behind the ash pan. There are two sets of holes that provide air to the secondary air tube risers in the firebox.
2) Position the adapter on the back bottom of the ash pan. Mark the four holes to be drilled into the ash pan corresponding to the pre-drilled holes in the adapter. Note the location of the holes before drilling. They should be approximately 12 - 5/8" from the front of the ash pan. When the adapter is held in place, it should be approximately 1" from the back edge of the stove. When installing the unit on the Mansfield, line the slots (made by bending the tabs) up with the ridge in the bottom casting.
3) Once the correct location for the holes is determined, drill the holes with the 1/8" bit.
4) Attach the adapter to the stove with the four screws provided.
- PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMER –
ADDITIONAL PIECES NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE HOOKUP TO OUTSIDE AIR: (SUPPLIED BY OTHERS)
3" Diameter Metal Flex Pipe 1/4" X 1/4" Mesh Screen
Adjustable Wall Sleeve Rain/Wind Proof Hood
The outside air kit for this stove allows for the direct connection of the stove=s air intakes to a 3" (76 mm) Diameter metal flex pipe which leads to the outside of the house. When considering placement of the duct from the outside of the house to the hearth, keep in mind the need to avoid structural members of the house. The termination of the duct on the outside wall should be located in such a manner as to preclude the possibility of obstruction by snow, leaves, or other materials. The termination should be screened using 1/4" X 1/4" mesh rodent screen and be covered with a rain/wind proof hood. Since they occupy the same space, an outside air kit cannot be used with an optional blower
Be the first to
Leave a Review