For use with the Castleton wood stoves only
When considering placement of the duct on the inside and outside of the house, keep in mind the need to avoid wiring and structural members of the house. Locate the termination of the duct on the outside wall in such a manner as to preclude the possibility of obstruction by snow, leaves, or other materials. Screen the outside termination with a ¼” x ¼” mesh rodent screen, and cover it with a rain/wind proof hood. Periodically check the screen to ensure it is not blocked by debris such as spider webs or leaves.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Work on a cool stove. You will need to access the bottom rear of the unit. Identify the assembly pieces listed above. Note: The 3” flex pipe, hose clamps, and termination hood are not provided with this kit, but are necessary to connect the outside air box to the outside air source. A 3” to 4” adaptor is available if needed (pt# 90-53308).
1. Locate the four holes in the bottom of the heatshield (Refer to figure 2).
2. Install the screws using the Phillips screwdriver, driving each in only half way.
3. Orientate the outside air box to match the position shown in figure 2.
5. Tighten the screws using the Phillips screwdriver until the outside air box is tight against the bottom casting.
6. Connect the outside air box to the 3” flex pipe and outside air supply. The outside air box installation is now complete.