Hearthstone 5640-014 Baffle Guard
Includes (1) Stainless Steel Baffle Guard
For use with the below models only
- Hearthstone Green Mountain 40 (8660) 2019 and Newer
- Hearthstone Craftsbury II (8392) 2021 & Newer
- Ambiance Hipster 14
INSPECTING AND REMOVING/REPLACING THE BAFFLE
1. Allow the stove and ashes to fully cool.
2. Remove the metal baffle Guard by sliding it to the left or right, and then rotating it towards you.
3. Lift up on the right side baffle, and gently pull the left side baffle down and out of the stove
4. Use a small vacuum nozzle or soft bristled brush to remove any accumulated ash or stoot on the face of the catalysts.
5. Inspect the catalysts for any unusual warping, corrosion, or plugged openings.
6. If any unusual conditions are found, remove the catalyst blocks – See replacing the catalysts.
7. Replace the baffles and baffle protector. Installation is the opposite of removal.
8. Ensure that the baffle pieces are pushed together at the center joint.