Hearthstone Wood Stove Blower / Heat Shield Kit Combo
Designed for use on the below Hearthstone Stoves:
- Green Mountain 40 (8640) 2019 and Newer
- Green Mountain 60 (8660) 2019 and Newer
- Craftsbury Tru Hybrid (8392) 2021 and Newer
- Shelburne TruHybrid (8372) 2021 and Newer
- Ambiance Hipster 20
- Ambiance Hipster 14
The 96-57400 Blower kit is a heat activated blower kit will help distribute heat throughout your living space. The blower is temperature activated, this works with an attached snapswitch. Once the temperature of the stove reaches a set point (120 degrees), the air blower will automatically turn on. Once the stoves temperature drops below 110 degrees. the unit will turn back off.
Before You Begin: Only work on a cool stove.
1) Loosen and remove the phillips screws securing the flat rear shield to the stove
2) Discard the flat shield and spacers, and loosely re-install the phillips screws
3) Install the blower assembly by inserting the screw heads through the “keyholes” in the fan housing and push the housing down the narrow part of the keyhole
4) Tighten the screws.
5) One at a time, remove the 7/16” hex bolts securing the catalyst access cover and place an “L” bracket under the screw head. The other leg of the bracket should face the outside of the stove. Tighten the bolts
6) Using four #8-32 phillips screws, attach the rear heat-shield over the blower assembly and the “L” brackets
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This blower, like other hearthstone models, has a rheostat switch that is activated by stove temperature around 120 degrees F. Simply plugging it in and turning it on will not work. The technical data sheet and the website description do not include this information. I spent too much personal time problem solving this. Hearthstone's website also lacks this information. If you want to test the blower before installing, carefully warm the silver circular rheostat on the back of the blower with it turned on. Once it warms appropriately, the blower will turn on.