HearthStone Green Mountain 80 (8680) Replacement Glass Kit
INCLUDED IN KIT 96-58805:
- 1ea. 3030-054 Glass
- 6ea. 4500-2105 Machine Screw 10-24x3/8”
- 6ea. 3120-021 Glass Clip Gasket
- 6ea. 5370-068 Glass Clip
- 7ft. 3110-057 Rope Gasket, 3/8” adhesive, non-core
BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Check to make sure you have all the components listed in thek it. Read the instructions all the way through. Always work on a cool stove.
- 1.Remove the door.
- 2.Remove the screws from the glass clips (use penetrating oil if necessary) –Set aside for re-installation.
- 3.Carefully lift the damaged glass off the door and discard.
- 4.Remove any remaining glass and old gasket material.
- 5.Clean the screw holes and place a small amount of anti-seize compound in each one.
- 6.Install a new glass gasket in the glass gasket groove.
- 7.Place the new glass onto the door.
- 8.Important!Center the glass and ensure that the edges of the glass are parallel with the edges of the opening.
- 9.Check glass position again (centered, and parallel), then screw the glass retainer clips with the glass pads back on the door using a crisscross pattern. Tighten the screws no more than 1/8thof a turn after they seat. The glass will break at this point if not positioned correctly.
- 10.Apply a light film of anti-seize lubricant on the door’s hinge pins if needed.
- 11.Install the door.
- 12.After 5 or 6 fires, check the glass retainer screws, and re-tighten if necessary.