HearthStone Clydesdale Replacement Glass Kit
Part # 94-58910
For use on the below models:
- HearthStone Clydesdale 8491
- HearthStone Clydesdale 8492
22 7/8" x 12 5/16" x 5 mm Ceramic Glass #3030-049
Before You Begin: Work on a cool stove. Refer to the diagram on the next page. The replacement glass in this kit is an infrared-coated ceramic sheet. The IR side of the glass must be placed on the outside of the stove. The side with the IR treatment is identified with the word “coated”.
1. Remove the front door by lifting it straight up off the hinges with the hinge pins remaining in the door. Take care not to lose any washers placed between the hinge tabs – you will need them when the door is returned to the stove. Place the door face down (Use soft surface for enameled doors)
2. To replace the glass gasket in the front door, first apply penetrating oil to each of the eight screws holding the glass clips to the front door. Use the cross-tip screwdriver and remove these eight screws. Wear work gloves, then carefully lift off the damaged glass and discard it. Pull out the used gasket left in the door and discard it. Clean the gasket channel using steel wool or a wire brush. Wipe the channel clean with a damp cloth to remove any loose residue.
3. Peel the paper backing off the gasket and pack it into the prepared gasket channel. Do not stretch or bunch the gasket as it is placed into the channel.
4. Carefully place the new glass back onto the door - ensure the infrared-coated side (identified with the word “coated”) is placed on the outside away from the firebox. Secure it with the glass clips and screws. Remember to place a new flat gasket piece between each retention clip and the glass.