RSF Replacement Blower - PEARL/TOPAZ/CHAMELEON
RSF Replacement Blower. This is a RSF factory OEM blower for many RSF and RSF Energy wood burning fireplaces. The kit includes the blower ONLY
RSF Part Number: FR-14.14.14
Designed for the following models:
- RSF Chameleon
- RSF Topaz
- RSF Pearl
The internal blower kit will improve heat circulation throughout the room the fireplace is in.All wiring should be in accordance with local ordinances and the National Electric Code.
1. Remove or open the bottom louver as appropriate.
2. If your fireplace is equipped with an ash pan: remove the ash pan plug, the ash pan itself and the ash pan support by unscrewing the screw located at the back of the support.
3. If your fireplace is equipped with a floor shield: remove the floor shield.
4. On a Topaz: Open the right extrusion, unscrew the control panel at the bottom and remove it.
5. Pass both blower wires through the louver opening, all the way to the back and around to the right side.
6. Pass the blower through the bottom louver opening so that the blower outlet is on the bottom and facing the back of the fireplace with the motor to the right (see Figure 1).
7. Gently pull on both wires while sliding the blower almost all the way to the back.
8. Once the blower is close to the back, turn it 90° so that the blower outlet faces upwards, then push it between the two centering brackets at the back.
9. Install the variable speed switch in a regular 2"x4" electrical box in a convenient location outside the fireplace.
10. Using 2/14 gauge wiring, connect the variable speed switch to the blower and to a 110V circuit as shown in Figure 2. You must use the wire nuts provided to connect to the blower wires because they resist high temperature.Do not forget to attach the ground wire to the fireplace ground screw:On a Topaz: the ground screw is on the right leg of the firebox next to the control panel opening.All other fireplaces: the ground screw is on the right leg of the firebox just after the opening on the leg under the firebox.Make sure to push the wires to the bottom of the fireplace and toward the firebox leg to prevent interference between the wires and any of the air controls
11. Reinstall the ash pan support, the ash pan and ash pan plug, and floor shield, as necessary.
12. On a Topaz: reinstall the control panel and close the extrusion.
13. Reinstall or close the bottom louver as appropriate.