RSF Pearl Wood Fireplace Door Gasket Kit
This kit includes the gasket and the high temperature sealant required to change the door gasket on your Pearl fireplace. To do the replacement you will need a wire brush or a small scraper (like an old flat screwdriver). INSTALLATION WARNING: DO NOT REPLACE THE GASKET WHILE THE FIREPLACE IS HOT.
1. Remove the door from the fireplace and put it on a flat surface to facilitate the replacement of the gasket. Remove the existing gasket by grasping an end and pulling firmly.
2. Use a wire brush or the tip of a small scraper to clean the groove of any remaining high temperature sealant or bits of gasket. Any remnants of the old sealant will prevent the gasket from bonding to the door frame adequately.
3. Before applying the new sealant, perform a dry fit of the gasket along the frame of the door. If it is too long, then bunch it together slightly, do not cut the gasket. If the gasket is too short, then stretch it gently until it covers the entire frame. Do not stretch or bunch the gasket unevenly, as the door may not seal properly.
4. Fill the groove on the four sides of the door with a ¼" wide bead of high temperature sealant. Start laying the gasket at the bottom of the door and proceed clockwise. Place the gasket into the groove all the way around the door frame, just like you did before. Once evenly distributed, press the gasket firmly against the sealant.
5. Allow the high temperature sealant to cure for at least 24 hours prior to reinstalling the door and lighting the fireplace.
Be the first to
Leave a Review