Jotul Gas Insert - GI 550 Replacement Glass
Glass Panel or Gasket Removal:
1. Use the Latch Release Tool to disengage the latches from the glass frame. See fig 1, pg. 3.
2. Swing the bottom of the glass frame out and lift to disengage it from the retaining lip at the top of the firebox. Lay the assembly on a flat surface, protecting the frame from scratches using a blanket or towel.
3. The glass panel is held in place by four retainer clips. Use a screwdriver to carefully pry these up off the edge of the glass retaining walls. See fig. 35.
4. Remove the old gasket material.
Glass Panel or Gasket Replacement:
1. Wrap the new gasket material evenly around the edge of the glass, peeling back the protective strip to expose the adhesive as you go. Press the adhesive side down onto the glass surface. Do not stretch the gasket. See fig. 36.
2. Place the gasketed glass within the frame and press each of the retainer clips back into place on the retainer walls