Hearthstone Blower Motor for Bristol, Mansfield, Heritage andCastleton
PROCEDURE for Heritage and Mansfield Wood Stoves
1. If you are working on a Heritage I (model 8021), remove the temperature sensing snap switch from the blower housing by turning out the two screws that hold it to the housing. Disconnect the two black wires from the snap switch.
2. Remove the four phillips screws that hold the perforated screen onto the blower housing. Remove the screen for access to the fan and motor.
3. To release the fan and motor, remove the four phillips screws in the back of the housing that hold the motor and fan to the housing. When removing the fan and motor, be sure to save the four “U” shaped spring nuts for use on the new fan motor. If the self-closing wire clips pull off the inside of the fan housing during removal of the fan motor, new clips have been included with the replacement blower. These clips must be used to keep the wire from coming in contact with the fan.
4. Using the four “U” clips removed from the original fan, place the new fan into the housing and secure it by replacing the four screws previously removed from the back of the housing. Make sure the new wires are captured in either the old or new self-closing clips. Connect the ends of these black wires to the snap switch terminals.
5. Replace the perforated screen snap switch housing (Heritage 8021) and secure these using the original screws.
6. To insure that the blower does not vibrate, make sure all screws have been tightened with the phillips screwdriver.
7. Reinstall the blower on the stove.
Be the first to
Leave a Review