Hearthstone Bari Wood Stove Gasket Kit
Includes: Part Number: 79" of 3110-200752 Gasket and Cement
DOOR GASKET REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES:
1. To replace the door gasket, remove the door from the stove (see door removal instructions above), and remove the door’s side plates. Pull off the old rope gasket. Carefully remove any old gasket material and adhesive with a small screwdriver, or cold chisel and a hammer. Clean all gasket channels with a small wire brush if necessary.
2. Vacuum the inside of the door as required. Loosely re-attach the door’s side plates.
3. Apply a 1/8-inch (3mm) bead of gasket adhesive to the channels. Fold the provided gasket rope in half to find its center point. Start at the top or bottom center of the door and push the new gasket into place uniformly without stretching or compressing the gasket material. Pinch the gasket into place as necessary. Use masking tape to hold the rope in the channel along the top and bottom of the door.
4. Once the gasket is installed, tighten the door’s sidepieces to clamp the gasket in place. The sidepieces form one side of the gasket’s channel, and hold the gasket rope along the sides in place.
5. Re-install and close the door immediately to fully seat the gasket in the channel and ensure complete adhesion. Check the gasket seal using a dollar bill or aim a flashlight into the space around the door from the outside (then look in through the glass at the gasket – if you see light, the seal will leak). The leak will most likely be where the gasket was not fully inserted into the channel, or where stretched (thinner), or adjacent to an area where the gasket was compressed (thicker).
6. First, adjust the gasket as necessary by reseating it uniformly. If that does not work, adjust the latch mechanism so it applies more pressure when the door is closed. Keep the door closed and do not burn the stove for 24 hours while the adhesive cures.