Hearthstone Wood Stove 93-71600 Handle Kit
#93-71600 Replaces 94-71910
1 Handle, Wood (Stained) #3900-191
1 5/16” x 3/4” shoulder screw, allen #4100-0285
If you install this kit on a hot stove, be sure to use caution as the existing retaining screw may be hot. After removal, set hot pieces only on a non-combustible surface.
1. Remove the existing unit by inserting the 5/32” allen wrench into the hole in the top of the Handle until it contacts the retaining screw head.
2. Gently turn the allen wrench while applying inward force until you feel the wrench fully engage the shoulder screw allen head socket.
3. Turn the wrench counterclockwise until the handle can be removed from the stove.
4. Place the new shouldered retaining screw into the hole at the top of the new Handle and push it fully into place using the allen wrench. Approximately 1/2” of threads should be protruding from the flat mating surface of the Handle.
5. Align the screw with the threaded hole in the stove Latch Handle and tighten the shouldered mounting screw fully by turning the wrench clockwise. Assure the screw is tight. If the Handle turns on the mounting screw shaft, look into the Handle mounting hole and confirm the mounting screw is not also turning