HearthStone 8491 and 8490 Clydesdale Spark Screen
For use with the Clydesdale wood insert onlyRemovable spark screen which when installed allows the stove to be burned with the front door open.The screen can be installed with the door open or the door can be lifted off. If you lift the door off, make sure to retain the hinge pins and hinge spacers for reuse.
HINT: Allow the stove to burn briskly before attempting to use the screen. This will allow the draft to strengthen and decrease the possibility for smoke spillage
BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Work on a cool stove.
HINT: Allow the stove to burn briskly before attempting to use the screen. This will allow the draft to strengthen and decrease the possibility for smoke spillage.
1. Start with the screen handle at the top and facing you.
2. Turn the knob counterclockwise until the tab on the back of the screen is in the 6 o’clock position.
3. Open the door on the stove.
4. While holding on to the screen handle, set the lower edge of the screen onto the lower edge of the front door frame. (Be sure to place the screen legs behind the lip of the door opening.)
5. Push the top of the screen toward the stove until the top of the screen makes contact with the insert door opening.
6. Turn the screen handle clockwise until the screen is securely fastened to the unit. The tab on the back of the screen should be approximately in the 12 o’clock position.
Be the first to
Leave a Review