HearthStone Clydesdale 8490 Blower Replacement Kit
Designed for use with the older model Clydesdale 8490 Wood Burning Insert only for the current model Clydesdale 8491 replacement blower, please see Part # 94-57910
(1) Right Fan Blower with Mounting Bracket
(1) Left Fan Blower with Mounting Bracket
(1) Variable Speed Motor Control w/Bracket
(1) Power Cord, 8’
1) The blower will be attached to the underside of the ash lip assembly. To gain access to the under side of the ash lip it will be necessary to remove the ash lip assembly. On the right and left side of the ash lip housing panels locate the Flat Head Philips screws. With a screwdriver loosen but do not remove the screws (two full turns should be sufficient). With the screws loose it is now possible to remove the ash lip assembly. Pull the ash lip away from the insert.
2) Now turn the ash lip upside down with the front screen facing you. Determine which side the power cord will be on and position it as desired. Use the wire loop to hold the power cord in place (see photo). Unscrew the screw holding the screen on the ash lip on the side of the ash lip that the power cord is passing through, place the wire loop in position as shown, and secure by turning the screen screw back into place.
3) With the ash lip upside down start the two screws closest to you in the ash lip. Slide the slotted notches on the blower housing under the two partially turned in screws. Leaving the screws loose, line up the other four holes in the housing with the holes on the ash lip. Insert the remaining four screws and tighten all the screws
4) Turn the ash lip right side up and place it in front of the firebox. Move it close enough to the unit to allow the connection of the snap switch connectors to the snap switch on the front of the firebox (see photos #5 & #6). Make this connection.
5) Thread the power cord out the side of the ash lip and through the notch on the side casting on the firebox provided for this function
6) Carefully fully push the ash lip back into its original position on the stove and secure by tightening the two phillips bolts previously loosened in step one.
7) Plug power cord into the speed control provided with the kit and then plug the speed control into a grounded, 110 v, 60-cycle 3-prong receptacle.
BLOWER OPERATION: The blower is activated when the snap switch heats up. It will take several minutes for the heat of the stove to activate the snap switch. A rheostat controls the blower fan speed. The rheostat knob is located on the speed control housing that you plug into the wall outlet. Turn the knob clockwise to turn the blower on. When the knob clicks, the fan will be in the on position. The fan is on the highest setting when it is first turned on. By continuing to turn the knob clockwise, the fan movement will be reduced until it reaches its lowest setting. If the fan does not operate at the lowest setting, the rheostat will require adjustment. Contact your dealer for rheostat adjustment. To turn the blower off, turn the knob fully counterclockwise until it clicks into the off setting.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The blower kit arrived quickly and very well packaged. The instructions to replace are fairly straightforward, if you can turn a screwdriver, you're qualified. Replacement part fit perfectly and just like new again.